Thursday 24 March 2016

P O D C A S T S


I do love listening to music. But often, I tend to find five songs I really like and have them on repeat for three months solid. Then this makes me frustrated. So! Nowadays when I'm cleaning, working, cooking etc. I tend to pop on a podcast; they're all different, entertaining, educational and funny. I decided to make a list of my favourites to get you introduced to the medium if you're interested. Enjoy!

about - A miniseries hosted by Lena Dunham in which she and other guests talk friendship, bodies, love and sex, work and ''The Big Picture''. I'm a fan of Girls so, like I did with her book, I thought I would give Lena's podcast a go. I wasn't the biggest fan but it's worth a mention for Emma Stone and June Squibb's advice bits. Emma Stone's voice is the bomb.com. 

standout episode - Love & Sex Bonus Episode: First Love Lost. It's heartbreaking and lovely all at the same time. 

about - I can't remember how I came across this one just before Valentine's Day but I really enjoyed it! I do love a bit of love. This is a weekly podcast featuring stories from The New York Times column Modern Love. It features, like Emma Stone's, great voices reading some great stories. 

standout episode - standout episodes in this case; 'One Last Swirl' | Modern Love 2 and 'An Interlude of Clarity' | Modern Love 4. Again, lovely voices and some really well written, reader submitted columns. 

3. Serial
about - I listened to the whole of season one whilst watching Making a Murderer at the same time and half wanted to become a lawyer. Adnan Syed was convicted for the murder of his ex-girlfriend, Hae Min Lee, in 1999. He's still in prison but has voiced his innocence since the murder. Sarah Koenig is host and the definition of detective. You'll be hooked! 

standout episode - The whole of season one. All of it. Yet to start season two. 

about - Garance Doré is French blogger extraordinaire. I first stumbled across Garance on YouTube and have been following her since. Garance includes a French word of the day related to the theme of the episode. Who doesn't want to parle a lil francais?

standout episode - Finding Balance: Zosia Mamet. Garance speaks to Zosia Mamet (Shoshanna from Girls) about success and how realistic and enjoyable it is to really have it all. This episode takes place in a café so the background noise is weirdly comforting, totally immersive and Zosia is a dote. 

about - Sophia Amoruso is the founder and owner of Nasty Gal and author of #GIRLBOSS. In this podcast she speaks to different women about how they went about finding their own success. My favourite part is when she reads out #girlbossmoments sent in by listeners and readers of her books.  

standout episode - all of it. Gals, soak it up. It's good for ya. 

Started The Minimalists yesterday and I already think it's worth a very mini mention. 

Ciara
X

No comments:

Post a Comment